The United Fund of Surry runs an annual giving campaign every year from August to December. This campaign engages residents, employees and companies in a shared community goal of raising over $400,000 for our 26 member agencies.
How you can help:
- Donate to the United Fund through our website or by mail to PO Box 409 Mount Airy, NC 27030
- Encourage your employer or local companies to host a employee campaign where employees are given the opportunity to donate through payroll deduction.
- Participate in our campaign cabinet and increase community awareness of the United Fund of Surry.
- Schedule a United Fund of Surry speaker to come speak to your local groups/organizations/churches.
- Host a fundraiser to benefit the United Fund of Surry.
- Distribute campaign materials in the community.
Interested in a workplace campaign? Please contact email@example.com.
BENEFITS TO RUNNING A UNITED FUND EMPLOYEE CAMPAIGN:
Employee campaigns bring in over half of our goal, so they are vital to our member agencies. Payroll deduction makes it easy for thousands of people to contribute to helping others in our community.
- Employee Satisfaction- A United Fund of Surry campaign can bring your entire organization together around the common goal of helping others in our community. When employees join together to improve the community where they live and work, morale builds, job commitment grows and productivity increases.
- Staff and Organizational Development- An workplace campaign with the United Fund of Surry provides staff development opportunities and builds teamwork. A United Fund campaign also connects employees from all levels and departments who might not otherwise have the opportunity to work together, fostering a more cohesive work force.
- Corporate Recognition- Because your support is acknowledged in United Fund of Surry materials and at public events, your company gains positive exposure and an enhanced community image.. This public acknowledgment can help your marketing and employee recruitment efforts.
- Connect to your Community- Supporting the United Fund of Surry not only provides a means for your employees to give financially, but also gives them an opportunity to volunteer and learn about services offered in our community. Additionally, your employees may be benefiting from a United Fund agency and, in turn, you gain a stronger, healthier workforce.
- Local Impact- Since ALL the United Fund dollars are raised and invested locally, the money your company and employees contribute makes our community a better place to live and work.
- Results- Contributing to the United Fund of Surry is the best way to do the most good with a single contribution. By giving to the United Fund, you are supporting twenty-six local member agencies. You are able to support a wide variety of agencies and programs while collaborating with one only organization: the United Fund of Surry.
THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- We allow employees to make designations to their preferred agency or group of agencies. This can only be done in increments of $50.
- All donors of $250 or more will be recognized in our annual report (unless they request to be anonymous on their pledge form).
- If your business has 100% participation and an increased donation amount from last year, you will receive recognition as being a “Hometown Hero.” These businesses will receive recognition and an award at the end-of-year awards banquet.