RUN the 5K: 8:00 a.m.
· USTAF certified course, chipped timing
· First 200 registered runners will receive an awesome event t-shirt, and the best goodie bag around.
· Walkers welcomed!
· Registration Fee:
$25 by July 22
$30 July 23– August 1st
Kids’ Fun Run: 8:45 a.m.
· FREE for kids 12 and under without shirt
· T-shirt $10.00
· Course: 500 yards
· All children receive a participation ribbon
Team Fitness Challenge
Put together a team of at least 10 runners/walkers. The team with the average fastest runners wins bragging rights and a trophy.
Each team needs a team captain to register the team on line:
Corporate Participation Challenge
Sign up by entering the company name when registering. Trophy awarded to the company with the most employees signed up to run/walk
Early Packet Pick Up: Reeves Community Center: July 31: noon-6pm
Race Day: 6:30 am– Municipal Building
Race Day Registration: 6:30 am
In front of Mt. Airy Municipal Building
Race Start Time: 8:00 am, Starting Line: Post Office Parking Lot on Cherry Street
Kids’ Fun Run: 8:45 am
Meet in front of Municipal Building
Race Awards: 9:00 am- front of Municipal Bldg.
Gather in front of Mount Airy City Municipal Building 300 South Main Street for Registration. • Starting Line Cherry Street • Head South on Cherry Street, cross Renfro Street behind Reeves Community Center.• Left at Gilmer Street. Right onto East Pine Street (Hwy 89) • Right at City Municipal Works Building entranced of Ararat River Greenway. • Proceed on the trail to the turnaround location (water stop @ Hamburg St.), and run back out the trail to the exit at Riverside Park. • Go straight across Riverside Drive onto Independence Blvd., (conquer that hill!) Go straight across Renfro St., then turn left onto Main St.. (water stop @ McDonald’s) • Finish line: In front of Mount Airy City Municipal Building.
· Awards for 1st, 2nd, 3rd Overall winners: male/female
· Awards for 1st , 2nd, 3rd place in each age division: male/female
· Age divisions: 13 and under, 14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and over
Contact Christina@unitedfundofsurry.org for additional information and opportunities