About the United Fund
- 26 member agencies –United Fund of Surry includes Pilot Mountain, Mount Airy, Dobson, Ararat, White Plains and surrounding areas in Virginia. We are all of Surry County, except Elkin (Elkin is served by the Yadkin Valley United Fund).
- 5 Rescue Squads – ALL volunteer. Volunteers all have full-time jobs, on call 24/7. Could not operate without U.F. funds.
- 21 agencies serve in the areas of youth development, special needs population, emergency and rescue, elderly and hospice care, meals delivered to homebound, child abuse and neglect, domestic violence, medical care for working poor, food for needy, housing for low income etc.
- United Fund is about creating results that make a difference in the lives of our neighbors through the work of these agencies.
- United Fund of Surry is not affiliated with United Way, therefore all $ stays local. 100% of the money raised here WORKS right here in our communities.
- Every donation is multiplied by the work of local volunteers. Every dollar allocated is overseen by a volunteer board of directors who reviews financial reports of each agency yearly to determine needs of each. Campaign chairs are all volunteer.
- United Fund only raises money. We don’t give out any. All the money goes to the agencies.